The versatile Sea Eagle LongBoard 126 is a wonderful multi-purpose board that is built to last and backed by one of the best companies in the industry today. As stand up paddleboarding is becoming more and more popular worldwide, Sea Eagle has not been slow in releasing products to meet the growing global demand for high-quality inflatable SUPs.
Offering a nice blend of functionality, performance, and convenience all backed by Sea Eagle’s well-deserved reputation for outstanding quality, the LB126 is a board that anyone can appreciate, no matter what their age or experience on the water.
Sea Eagle LongBoard 126 Rating
Sea Eagle LB126 Review: iSUP Overview
As with the smaller Sea Eagle LongBoard 11, the LB126 is a product of outstanding engineering. This board showcases Sea Eagle’s experience in creating high-quality inflatables that combine the best in versatility, durability, and unmatched convenience. Sea Eagle’s entire line of inflatables has a well-deserved reputation for being some of the best inflatables money can buy, and the LongBoard 126 is a great example of that.
Performance can be a problem with any inflatable SUP, and Sea Eagle devoted a lot of time designing a winning combination of durability, stability, and control.
To begin with, the challenge was to design a versatile, all-around iSUP that was rigid enough to support a paddler as securely as any rigid hull, while still being maneuverable and responsive enough to perform quick turns and other maneuvers.
Inflated, the Sea Eagle LB126 measures 12’6″ x 30″ x 6″. This board can support up to 250 pounds, thanks to the buoyancy offered by a full 150″ of Sea Eagle’s famous drop-stitch hull. The LB126 sits high on the water as a result of the high-pressure drop stitch chamber, and actively tries to return to that position.
The hull, as with all Sea Eagle paddle boards, is made from 1100 Decitex reinforced material which is used to create the highly effective drop stitch chambers. The drop-stitch process involves joining the top and bottom of the chamber with thousands and thousands of threads of Sea Eagle’s ‘Space Yarn’.
The high-tensile threads limit the LB126 to a 6″ thickness when fully inflated. The air you pump in after that makes the LB126 more rigid and more buoyant until it reaches up to recommended 15 psi. The material itself is preferred for its durability, as well as the fact that it can be easily patched.
As a final touch, the top of the board is covered with a full-length diamond-patterned EVA-foam deck-pad which not only prevents you from slipping, but also acts a shock-absorber for your feet making even the longest paddles more comfortable.
The board’s 4″ entry rocker is very useful in keeping the nose of the LB126 skipping over waves rather than ploughing through – or even under – them. The rocker narrows from the prow and continues around the hull before rising to a 2″ exit rocker. This tail rocker is not only streamlined and efficient, but also useful when performing advanced manuevers. Also, Sea Eagle’s custom-performance kick-tail is also gives you better control over the board and helps with foot placement.
Two small but effective skegs are fixed to the board, and a large removable center skeg adds additional tracking performance.
Even when fully inflated, the Sea Eagle LB126 SUP is easy to carry. A convenient carry handle is positioned to balance the board when carried under your arm, and there’s a grab handle on the prow so you can drag the LB126 through the surf. Best of all, when deflated, the LB126 folds up and can be stored in the included backpack. This is truly a board that you can take anywhere.
With all of this – good performance, high quality, versatility, and convenience – it’s no wonder that the Sea Eagle LongBoard 126 is well-respected in the world of inflatable paddle boards.
Sea Eagle offers a nice range of LB126 packages to suit a variety of paddling styles and interests. All configurations come with Sea Eagle’s industry-best 180-day return policy and 3-year warranty.
- The Sea Eagle LongBoard 126 Start-Up package is a comprehensive kit for first-time paddlers. Included in the kit are a LB126 hull, a SUP paddle (adjustable 66″-85″, 3-part, 2.65 lbs.), a manual SUP pump, the slide-in skeg, a repair kit, and a grey backpack – nothing more is needed to get out onto the water and start paddling.
- Give yourself the opportunity to turn the LB126 into a comfortable sit-down paddler with the Sea Eagle LongBoard 126 Deluxe package. This kit contains everything in the Start-Up Package and also includes a Deluxe inflatable kayak seat, an AB30 kayak paddle (7’10”, 4-part, 2.62 lbs.), and an A41 foot pump.
- For a more convenient inflatable SUP experience, the Sea Eagle LongBoard 126 Electric Pump Package lets you use Sea Eagle’s lightweight and efficient carbon-fiber SUP paddle (adjustable 70″-86″, 3-part, 1.95 lbs.), as well as the BP12 single-stage electric pump for easy inflation.
- Expert paddlers will probably be tempted to try the Sea Eagle LongBoard 126 Power Paddle package and experiment with the Blue Oblio, an innovative and effective double-bladed SUP paddle (adjustable 121.5″-138″, 4-part, 4 lbs. 12oz.).
- If you’re looking for a convenient and comfortable fishing platform, the Sea Eagle LongBoard 126 Swivel Seat Fishing Rig Package lets you mount the swivel seat fish rig in less than a minute. You can then choose sit-down or stand-up paddling (the kit contains a SUP paddle and an AB30), together with the unrestricted fishing pleasure offered by a padded seat that swivels 360°. As the kit is supplied with two Scotty universal rod holders, this version of the LB126 is ideal for solo fishing.
- Sea Eagle offers even more versatility in the form of their Sea Eagle LongBoard 126 QuickRow package. The QuickRow also fixes to the board in less than 60 seconds, transforming the LB126 into a stable and efficient rowing board, complete with oars and Scotty rod holders. With the comprehensive QuikRow Package, you can row, paddle, or fish.
Although the LB126 is not the cheapest SUP on the market, this is one of those times where you definitely get what you pay for. This is an extremely well-built board that can pretty much do it all, and it’s backed by a long 3-year warranty and 180-day money back guarantee. While the LB126 may not be the fastest iSUP available, that’s really not what it was designed for — this is supposed to be a fun, all-around SUP that is a great choice for recreational paddling, fishing, and even surfing waves.
At the end of the day, the LB126 is a great choice if you’re in the market for a top-shelf inflatable SUP that can handle a wide range of conditions. The LongBoard 126 is stable, handles well, and will provide you with a lot of paddling fun for years to come.