The Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10 (STS10) is the ideal, affordable fishing boat if you’re looking for the ultimate in convenience and quality. With enough space to seat two comfortably but still small enough to be used solo, the STS10 offers you a whole new world of fishing freedom.
The STS10 packs conveniently away for easy transportation then unfolds and inflates within just a few minutes. Because it’s frameless, there’s no need for trailers, racks, or struggle when it comes to getting the STS10 onto the water. With a durable hull and efficient, stable design, the Stealth Stalker 10 will provide you worry-free fishing wherever you want it.
And to make things even better, the Sea Eagle STS10 is fully customizable, so you can turn it into the perfect fishing platform for your own tastes and preferences.
Sea Eagle STS10 Rating
Sea Eagle STS10 Review: Boat Overview
Everything about the STS10 shows that it’s a typical Sea Eagle inflatable. This is a very well-made boat and a lot of thought and careful planning has gone into its design.
First, there’s the ultra-compact design to consider. Deflated, the STS10 hull weighs only 45 lbs., and it folds away easily into a bundle that’s small enough (31″ x 24″ x 12″) for one person to easily carry. This fact also means that storage is also super convenient. Every STS10 is supplied with a quality Sea Eagle carry bag, and you can literally hang it in your shed or push it into a closet and leave it there until you need it – fishing boats just don’t get any more convenient than that.
Getting the Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10 ready for the water is extremely simple. It assembles and inflates in 15 minutes, at which time it is certified to carry two adults or a whopping 1200 pounds of weight. With a draft of about 4″ and a tough and resilient hull, launching is no problem – just drag it down to the water and push off.
Once in the water, you can see just how well the STS10 is suited to its purpose. It’s a clean, elegant inflatable boat with a simplicity that disguises the genius of its design. The hull consists of three chambers (port, starboard, and bow) that curves gently round to surround the floor and provide a fully enclosed cockpit. With a hull length of 10’1″ and a beam of 5′, the STS10 is stable and secure, so there are no worries about standing up to cast.
The hull consists of three chambers (port, starboard, and bow) that curve gently around to surround the floor and provide a fully enclosed cockpit. With a hull length of 10’1″ and a beam of 5′, the STS10 is stable and secure, so there are no worries about standing up to cast. The STS10’s great stability is a big reason why so many anglers choose this model, and it can easily handle fishing in rougher waters.
The STS10 is sized to be comfortable for two people, and suitable for either fresh water or saltwater fishing. Those looking for a solo inflatable fishing boat should definitely check out the smaller Sea Eagle 285fpb. With a range of accessories and features available from Sea Eagle, this is a great fishing platform to customize to your liking.
The hull is constructed from 1000 Denier 36 mil, one of Sea Eagle’s preferred fabrics for their inflatable fishing boats. The floor is constructed from 1000 Denier reinforced material, and the integrity of the STS10 is guaranteed by quadruple overlapping seams. The chambers are inflated through Sea Eagle’s neat, recessed valves to a comfortable 3.2 psi, providing enough stability to make the STS10 stable without being inconveniently rigid. As such, the STS10 is extremely resistant to piercing or abrasive damage and it can be used in a wide variety of conditions.
Stealth Stalker 10 Options
The beautiful thing about the STS10 is that it’s perfect for anyone. The entry-level packages are ideal for beginners and first-time inflatable boat owners, while there are enough features and extras available from Sea Eagle to keep even the most ardent anglers happy.
- The Sea Eagle STS10 Deluxe Package offers everything you need to get out on the water and fishing. Apart from the hull, you’ll receive the STS10 floorboard set, two DFSG inflatable seats, a set of AB285 oars (5′, 1.5 lbs.), a convenient side or stern stow bag, two Scotty universal rod holders, an A41 foot pump, a repair kit and a carry bag sized for the hull.
- The Sea Eagle STS10 Pro Package will take your fishing experience to the next level with two green swivel seats (includes 7″ pedestals and quick-release seat mounts) and an extra pair of Scotty rod holders. The Pro Packages offers a lot more comfort and convenience (the sweats swivel through 360° for easier fishing) and includes an FPFB Motormount in case you want to use your own outboard.
- If you’re looking for a basic powered version of the STS10, the Sea Eagle STS10 Motor Canopy Package will suit you. Together with the upgraded seats of the Pro Package, this kit supplies the compact but effective Minn Kota Endura 30 electric engine: an easy way to make your STS10 experience less physically demanding. The Motor Canopy Package also contains a very useful canopy. Constructed from durable 322 Denier reinforced, the canopy’s generous dimensions (61″x47″, at a height of 41″) offer welcome protection from both sun and rain – a must if you want to spend a lot of time on the water. Please be advised that the Endura is not suitable for salt water.
- For a more versatile motoring option, choose the Sea Eagle STS10 Watersnake Canopy Package, supplied with the canopy and a Watersnake Venom 34 electric motor. Suitable for either salt or fresh water, the venom gives you the chance to expand your fishing opportunities, while still promising all the comfort and convenience of the more basic models.
- For the ultimate motoring experience in the STS10 range, power ahead with the new Sea Eagle STS10 Honda Motor Package. The 2.3L Honda gas engine is one of the most reliable four-strokes on the market and comes with the manufacturer’s own 5-year limited warranty.
You can learn a lot about a boat just by listening to what the people who use them say, and in the case of the STS10, it’s all good. In either the solo or the tandem configuration, the STS10 is stable and easy to handle, and anglers of all ages love its convenient portability and durable construction. The only real issue raised by more than a few users is not about the STS10 at all, but rather the carry bag it comes in, which some claim is not up to standard with the rest of the craft.
If you can live with that, the STS10 is an excellent choice if you’re looking for an affordable and convenient fishing hull. Like all Sea Eagle inflatables, the STS10 is sold subject to their 180-day return policy and covered by a three-year warranty on workmanship – a guarantee of quality that no other manufacturer of inflatable craft feels confident enough to offer. It’s also NMMA and EC certified, which are two more reasons to put your trust in this particular brand.
The Sea Eagle Stealth Stalker 10 is a specialized inflatable boat created with a specific purpose in mind. If you’re looking for high-performance or top speed, this is not the craft for you. But if you need a comfortable, high-quality inflatable that will reliably take you out and bring you back while offering all the benefits and extras of one of the most respected names in the field of inflatable boats, then the STS10 is a boat that you should be looking to bring home.