The Sea Eagle 375fc FoldCat is quite possibly the best two-person inflatable fishing boat in the world. Every so often, an idea surfaces that redefines the way we view our world: when it comes to inflatable fishing boats, Sea Eagle has certainly done that with the 375fc FoldCat.
With unmatched stability (even among the famously stable Sea Eagle range of inflatables), outstanding durability, and incomparable convenience, the 375fc is a perfect inflatable boat for anybody who wants to get the most out of their fishing experience.
Sea Eagle 375fc FoldCat Rating
Sea Eagle 375fc FoldCat Review: Boat Overview
The design of the 375fc is a groundbreaking innovation, even by Sea Eagle’s usual industry-challenging standards. If you’re at all familiar with Sea Eagle’s range of products, you’ll immediately realize that the world’s leading manufacturer of inflatables has truly created something extraordinary and exciting, with a design like nothing else in their range of inflatable boats.
The 375fc’s hull is based on a true catamaran design – that is, two completely independent hulls held together by a solid frame. It may sound a bit far fetched being that this is a compact inflatable, but it’s not – and here’s how it works. The two hulls are joined by Sea Eagle’s patented folding frame: five aluminum roll-up slats over a full-fabric floor. Deflated, the two hulls and the fabric floor of the 375fc fold around the slats to form a conveniently-sized package (56″ x 21″ x 10″) that is rigid (because of these cross-boards), but still light enough to carried (75 lbs.) Inflation is simply a matter of inserting four aluminum stabilizing bars under the slats and pumping (this shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes once you know what you’re doing) until the 375fc reaches the fully inflated dimensions of 12’4″ x 4’6″.
This design offers three immediate advantages – and it’s debatable which is the most important to a serious angler. The first is stability: the twin pontoons each have a diameter of 16.5″ and are fixed just less than two feet apart – a design that provides an incredibly balanced surface. This means that you can stand on the edge of the 375fc FoldCat to cast and not worry that she will tip you into the water. The double hull design is intrinsically stable.
The next tremendous advantage of the patented floor is the absolute rigidity of the casting surfaces – the aluminum struts provide the hardest and most durable floor of any of Sea Eagle’s range of inflatables.
And then there’s the fabric underfloor, which conveniently prevents anything from falling through the slats into the water below. And even though it’s not rated to take the full weight of an adult, it’s perfect for holding gear, tackle boxes… even a battery.
Sea Eagle uses a tough 1100 Decitex reinforced material for the hull, with a quadruple overlap seam. Nobody complains about the quality of any of Sea Eagle’s inflatable fishing boats, and the 375fc is no exception. The all-fiber under-hull is not load-bearing, thanks to that patented folding frame: it’s just there to catch what falls, and it’s a nice touch. The valves on the 375fc are Sea Eagle’s standard for their top-end products, and they recess into the fabric of the hull to avoid becoming snagged or damaged.
The 375fc FoldCat is rated to carry two adults and a max weight of 650 lbs. This is a serious fishing rig that’s craftily designed to take you where you want to go with the least possible effort — allowing you to fish in comfort and stability. If the 375fc is a bit big for your tastes and you’re in the market for a solo inflatable fishing boat, we’d recommend Sea Eagle’s popular 285fpb Frameless Pontoon Boat. If you’re more interested in a traditional inflatable fishing boat design with the same high-quality Sea Eagle construction and 3-year warranty coverage, check out the Stealth Stalker 10.
One of the other things that we really like about the 375fc is the seats. Even the basic 375 FoldCat packages have Sea Eagle’s green swivel chairs with cushioned seat and back, making for a more comfortable fishing experience. And because they swivel, you can fish with complete 360° coverage.
The 375fc is available in several different configurations, and each comes with Sea Eagle’s 3-year warranty and 180-day return policy.
- If this is the first inflatable fishing boat you’re buying, then the Sea Eagle 375fc FoldCat Deluxe Package is what you want. It’s got everything you need for one or two people to get started on the water. The two swivel seats – one of which has a 7″ pedestal – are standard across the 375fc range, and comfortable enough for a long day of fishing, with a quick-release mounting that lets them slip out easily at the end of the day. There’s also a complete set of oars (7’11”, 2-part), oarlocks, and oarlock pins, as well as Sea Eagle’s A41 foot pump and repair kit. The Deluxe Package is supplied with two Scotty rod holders – all you’ll need do is bring is your tackle.
- If you’re looking for an affordable inflatable fishing boat for yourself, then the Sea Eagle 375fc FoldCat Pro Angler Guide is the one for you. With a foam-padded casting bar that you’ll soon come to love, as well as an extra set of Scotty rod holders, this is a basic inflatable fishing boat that will probably last a lifetime.
- The Sea Eagle 375fc FoldCat Motor Package offers Sea Eagle’s most basic powered package. The Minn Kota Endura 30 electric motor is all you’ll need for effortless fishing, thanks to the shallow draft and smooth lines of the buoyant double hulls. The Endura, which is for freshwater use only, is powered by a Minn Kota power supply that features lighter-type plugs for sounders, laptops, or cell phones. The casting bar is also included in this package.
- The Sea Eagle 375fc FoldCat Watersnake Motor Package offers all the convenience of the Motor Package, but replaces the Endura with the ever-popular Watersnake Venom 34, also supplied with a trolling power center. The Venom, which delivers a comfortable 34 pounds of thrust, is suitable for saltwater use.
- If you prefer a gas motor, try the Sea Eagle 375fc FoldCat Honda Motor Package that comes supplied with a Honda 2.3L 4-stroke outboard. The motor is covered by Honda’s 5-year warranty.
- The Sea Eagle 375fc FoldCat Ultimate Package is supplied with a Torqeedo 10035, a magnificent electric motor that is covered by a two-year manufacturer’s warranty and promises 30% more battery capacity and 4-5 times more power than standard electrical motors.
The Sea Eagle 375fc FoldCat is by far one of the most innovative and best of Sea Eagle’s inflatable fishing boats. It incorporates and represents the many thousands of man-hours of research and design that Sea Eagle has invested in their products since this family-owned business was created back in the 1960s.
After all these years, Sea Eagle continues to deliver top-quality products to their customers. Their commitment to quality is reflected in their industry-leading 3-year warranty. And, like all of Sea Eagle’s inflatable fishing range, the 375fc is both NMMA and EC certified.
At the end of the day, if you’re looking for an affordable, reliable, and unbelievably convenient way to spend a day on the water fishing, Sea Eagle’s 375fc FoldCat is tough to beat.